Main Article Content
This study aimed to investigate the relationship between good corporate governance (GCG) and firm value (FV) among manufacturing firms listed on the Indonesian Stock Exchange (IDX) before 2018. Using institutional ownership (INST), the board of directors (BDRC), independent commissioners (CMSI), and corporate social responsibility (CSR) as proxies for GCG, the study employed multiple regression analysis on fixed effect model (FEM) panel data according to the Hausman test. The results showed that BDRC had a positive effect on FV, while CMSI had a negative effect, and INST and CSR did not significantly affect FV. The study's implication is that firms should prioritize effective board of directors and independent commissioners in their corporate governance practices to enhance their firm value.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
In submitting the manuscript to the Central Asian Journal of Innovations on Tourism Management and Finance, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- The publication has been approved by the author(s) and by responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
License and Copyright Agreement
Authors who publish with Central Asian Journal of Innovations on Tourism Management and Finance agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the Central Asian Journal of Innovations on Tourism Management and Finance right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the Central Asian Journal of Innovations on Tourism Management and Finance published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- 1. Adam, M., Sembiring, N. Br., Muhatarudin, & Relasari. (2016). Environment Performance, Good Corporate Governance Mechanism and Firm’s Value: Company Performance as an Intervening Variable. International Journal of Development and Sustainability, 5(10): 463-494.
- 2. Adiputra, I. G., Hermawan, A. (2020). The Effect of Corporate Social Responsibility, Firm Size, Dividend Policy and Liquidity on Firm Value: Evidence from Manufacturing Companies in Indonesia. International Journal of Innovation, Creativity and Change, 11(6): 325-338.
- 3. Arfazil, M., Saputra, M., & Indayani. (2021). The Effects of Environmental Performance, Financial Leverage, and Institutional Ownership on Firm Value: a Study on Manufacturing Firms in Indonesia. Journal of Contemporary Accounting, 3(3): 161-168.
- 4. Astuti, C. D., Sanggra, C. A., & Murtanto. (2022). The Influence of Institutional Ownership, Independent Commissioners, Independent Directors, and Philanthropy on Firm Value. Eduvest-Journal of Universal Studies, Volume 2(1): 1069-1080.
- 5. Bawai, R. & Kusumadewi, H. (2021). Effect of Corporate Governance, Firm Characteristic, Disclosure of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) on Firm Value. Jurnal Economia, 17(1): 20-33.
- 6. Chen, R. C. Y. & Lee, C. H. (2017). The Influence of CSR on Firm Value: an Application of Panel Smooth Transition Regression on Taiwan. Applied Economics, 49(34): 3422-3434.
- 7. Coles, J. L., Daniel, N.D. & Naveen, L. (2008). Boards: Does One Size Fit All? Journal of Financial Economics, 87:329-356.
- 8. Conelly, B. L., Tihanyi, L., Certo, S. T., & Hitt, M. A. (2010). Marching to the Beat of Different Drummers: The Influence of Institutional Owners on Competitive Actions, Academy of Management Journal, 53(4): 723-742.
- 9. Cornett, M. L., Marcus, A. J., Saunders, A., & Tehranian, H. (2007). The Impact of Institutional Ownership on Corporate Operating Performance, Journal of Banking & Finance, 31: 1771-1794.
- 10. Doloksaribu, E. A. & Hutapea, J. Y. (2022). The Effect of Managerial Ownership, Institutional Ownership, Independent Commissioners, Audit Committee on Company Value (IDX 30 2018-2020). Jurnal Ilmiah Ilmu Pendidikan, 5(9): 3858-3862.
- 11. Fitri, L. L. & Suryandari, D. A. (2022). The Influence of Good Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Diversity on Board of Directors on Firm Value (Empirical Study on Property and Real Estate Companies Listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange from 2017 to 2020). Saudi Journal of Business and Management Studies, 7(8): 229-237.
- 12. Gossling, T. & Vocht, C. (2007). Social Role Conceptions and CSR Policy Succes. Journal of Business Ethics, 74(4): 363-372.
- 13. Hanafi, M. M. (2017). Manajemen Keuangan. Edisi Kedua. Yogyakarta: BPFE Universitas Gadjah Mada.
- 14. Hery. (2017). Analisis Laporan Keuangan: Intergrated and Comprehensive Edition. Jakarta: Grasindo.
- 15. Jensen, M.C. & Meckling, W. H. (1976). Theory of The Firm: Managerial Behavior, Agency Costs and Ownership Structure, Journal of Financial Economics, 3(4): 305-360.
- 16. Ilmi, M., Kustono, A. S., & Sayekti, Y. (2017). Effect of Good Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility Disclosure and Managerial Ownership to the Corporate Value with Financial Performance as Intervening Variables: Case on Indonesia Stock Exchange. International Journal of Social Science and Business, 1(2): 75-88.
- 17. Jallo, A., Mus, A. R., Mursalim, & Suryanti. (2017). Effect of Corporate Social Responsibility, Good Corporate Governance and Ownership Structure on Financial Performance and Firm Value: A Study in Jakarta Islamic Index. IOSR Journal of Business and Management, 19(11): 64-75.
- 18. Joyner, B.E. & Raiborn, C.A. (2005). Management Caveats for Measuring and Assessing Public Responsibility Performance. Business Horizons, 48: 525-533.
- 19. Ladina, P., Nila, W., & Nuzula, F. (2016). Analisis Pelaporan Corporate Social Responsibility Pada Perusahaan Induk Dan Subsidiary Tahun 2014 (Studi pada Perusahaan Induk dan Subsidiary yang Terdaftar di BEI dan Menggunakan Pedoman GRI-G4). Jurnal Administrasi Bisnis (JAB), 41(1): 1-8.
- 20. Malini, H., Natalia, D., & Giriati. (2021). Corporate Governance and Company Value: A Manufacturing Industry Case Study. INOBIS: Jurnal Inovasi Bisnis dan Manajemen Indonesia, 4(4): 450-461.
- 21. Mukhtarudin, Relasari, & Felamania, M. (2014). Good Corporate Governance Mechanism, Corporate Social Responsibility Disclosure on Firm Value: Empirical Study on Listed Company in Indonesia Stock Exchange. International Journal of Finance & Accounting Studies, 2(1): 1-10.
- 22. Nanda, R. F. & Damayanti, C. R. (2021). The Effect of Corporate Governance on Firm Value in IICD Award Recipient Companies. Jurnal Administrare: Jurnal Pemikiran Ilmiah dan Pendidikan Administrasi Perkantoran, 8(2): 275-284.
- 23. Natalia, M., Christy, Y., & Gunawan, Y. (2019). Corporate Social Responsibility Disclosure, Media Attention, Woman on Board, and Firm Value. Jurnal Aset (Akuntansi Riset), 11(2): 189-198.
- 24. Nhan, D. T. & Quy, V. T. (2016). The Impact of Director Board’s Characteristics on Firm Value: A Study on HOSE. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), 5(2): 646-650.
- 25. Octaviani, M. N. & Harahap, L. (2022). Corporate Governance, Firm Value, Institutional Ownership and Corporate Social Responsibility. Akurasi: Jurnal Riset Akuntansi dan Keuangan, 4(3): 221-236.
- 26. Prastuti, N. K. K. & Budiasih, I. G. A. N. (2015). Pengaruh Good Corporate Governance pada Nilai Perusahaan dengan Moderasi Corporate Social Responsibility. E-Jurnal Akuntansi, 13(1): 114-129.
- 27. Purbopangestu, H. W. & Subowo, S. (2014). Pengaruh Good Corporate Governance Terhadap Nilai Perusahaan Dengan Corporate Social Responsibility Sebagai Variabel Intervening. Accounting Analysis Journal, 3(3): 321-333.
- 28. Putri, I. & Suprasto, H. B. (2016). Pengaruh Tanggung Jawab Sosial Perusahaan Dan Mekanisme Tata Kelola Perusahaan Terhadap Nilai Perusahaan. E-Jurnal Akuntansi, 15(1): 667-694.
- 29. Ruhiyat, E. & Murwaningsari, E. (2019). Environmental Disclosure, Board of Commissioners, Board of Directors and Company Value. International Journal of Business, Economics and Law, 9(5): 328-333.
- 30. Rusnaneni, N. Gursinda, H. Sasongko, H. & Hakim, D. R. (2022). Financial Performance, Institutional Ownership, Size, and Firm Value: a Structural Equation Modeling Approach. International Journal of Economics, Business and Accounting Research (IJEBAR), 6(1): 258-271.
- 31. Samasta, A. S., Muharam, H. & Haryanto, M. (2018). The Effect of Board of Director, Audit Committee, Institutional Ownership to Firm Value, with Firm Size, Financial Leverage, and Industrial Sector as Control Variables (Study on Listed Companies in Indonesian Stock Exchange Period 2011-2015). Jurnal Bisnis STRATEGI, 27(1): 53-62.
- 32. Setyabudi, T. G. (2021). The Effect of Institutional Ownership, Leverage, and Profitability on Firm Value: Dividend Policy as an Intervening Variable. Journal of Business and Management Review, 2(7): 457-469.
- 33. Setiadi, I., Rahmawati, Suhardjanto, D. & Djuminah. (2017). Board Independence, Environmental Disclosure, and Firm Value. Review of Integrative Business and Economics Research, 6(4): 409-417.
- 34. Setiyawati, L., Wahyudi, S. & Mawardi, W. (2017). The Influence of Dividend Policy, Debt Policy, Independent Commissioner, and Institutional Ownership on the Firm Value with Growth Opportunities as Moderator Variables (Study on Non-Financial Companies Listed on IDX in the Period of Years of 2012-2015). Jurnal Bisnis STRATEGI, 26(2): 146-162.
- 35. Smulowitz, S., Becerra, M., & Mayo, M. (2019). Racial diversity and its asymmetry within and across hierarchical levels: The effects on financial performance. Human Relations, 72(10), 1671-1696.
- 36. Sujoko, S. (2018). Pengaruh Struktur Kepemilikan, Strategi Diversifikasi, Leverage, Faktor Intern Dan Faktor Ekstern Terhadap Nilai Perusahaan (Studi Empirik Pada Perusahaan Manufaktur Dan Non Manufaktur Di Bursa Efek Jakarta). EKUITAS (Jurnal Ekonomi Dan Keuangan), 11(2): 236–254.
- 37. Sutedi, A. (2011). Good corporate governance. Jakarta: Sinar Grafika.
- 38. Uddin, M. N., Hosen, M., Chowdhury, M. M., Tabassum, T., & Mazumder, M. A. (2021). Does Corporate Governance Influence Firm Value in Bangladesh? Panel Data Analysis. Business Administration and Management, 24(2): 84-100.
- 39. Umam, D. C. & Halimah, I. (2021). The Influence of Institutional Ownership, Independent Commissioners, Dividend Policy, Debt Policy, and Firm Size on Firm Value. Priviet Social Sciences Journal, 1(2): 20-28.
- 40. Velnampy, P. T. (2013). Corporate Governance and Firm Performance : A Study of Sri Lankan Manufacturing Companies. Journal of Economics and Sustainable Development, 4(3): 228-236.
- 41. Veronica, T. M. & Wardoyo. (2013). Pengaruh Good Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility & Kinerja Keuangan Terhadap Nilai Perusahaan. Jurnal Dinamika Manajemen, 4(2): 132–149.
- 42. Widaryono, A. (2009). Ekonometrika Pengantar dan Aplikasi. Yogyakarta: Ekonosia.
- 43. Widiatmoko, J. (2020). Corporate Governance Mechanism And Corporate Social Responsibility On Firm Value. RELEVANCE: Journal of Management and Business, 3(1): 13-25.
- 44. Yanti, E. & Patrisia, D. (2019). The impact of Corporate Governance Mechanisms on Firm Value. Third International Conference On Economics Education, Economics, Business and Management, Accounting and Entrepreneurship (PICEEBA), 97: 588-595.